Flotation Therapy is essentially a way of achieving deep relaxation and pain relief by spending an hour suspended in a warm solution of over 500kgs of Epsom salt (Magnesium Sulphate).
What to Expect
Going for a ‘Float’ can make people feel a bit nervous, at first, and you can either choose to wear bathers, or choose to not wear anything. Before you enter the tank, you’ll have a quick, cool shower, and decide whether to have the light on or off. You are also able to avoid any claustrophobic tendencies by having the Float Tank lid open or closed.
When lying in the pod, on your back, your muscles will soon begin to relax, and your mind will get a well-deserved rest!
You can leave the light in the pod on and have the option to listen to music or a guided meditation.
What are the benefits of Floating?
Floating was established as a form of therapy in the early 1950’s, and the studies conducted have shown it can:
- Provide chronic and mild pain relief – for example: in those who suffer from fibromyalgia, and/or sports, joint, muscle and soft-tissue injuries
- Relieve stress – by significantly reducing the stress hormone, cortisol
- Help sufferers of depression – floating stimulates the production of dopamine (the ‘feel good’ hormone)
- Improve skin conditions – such as psoriasis, eczema and acne breakouts. The added Epsom Salts provide an amazing deep cleanser factor for your skin’s pores, and can rid your skin of acne-causing bacteria.
- Helps with Stress, Sleep, Headaches, Chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, Pregnancy, Anxiety/depression, Mental clarity.